Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Replacement Ink and Toner Cartridges for Printers

Ever since King Gillette invented the safety razor along with its replaceable blades in 1903, companies have been seeking the holy grail of an ongoing replacement market for their products. So it is with the lowly inkjet printer (and to a lesser degree with the laser printer). The idea is to sell the main product, in this case, the printer, for a reasonable price and then make the big money by having a monopoly on the replacement cartridge market. So be it for HP, Canon, Epson and the rest.

But, it doesn’t have to be. There are a lot of companies out there that will sell you replacement ink and toner cartridges (or refill kits) at a much lower price than the original equipment manufacturers. The problem is separating the wheat from the chaff.

Today, I would like to introduce you to a company that sells high quality products for a reasonable price and stands behind its products.

I found Source4ink.com more than ten years ago. I was searching for reasonably priced ink  replacement cartridges for my original Epson printer and came across Source4ink. I ordered a sample package of a few cartridges and was wonderfully surprised with both the price and service. The cartridges were delivered within days of the order and worked very well with my printer. I have continued to use this service with few problems. Nearly all of the cartridges ordered worked in my printer, and when they didn’t, for whatever reason, they were quickly replaced with no questions asked.

A few years ago, my original Epson printer finally gave up the ghost, and since I had struck up a professional relationship with Ray Diaz, the founder of Source4ink, I got in touch with him for recommendations for a new Epson printer. He quickly guided me toward those he thought would service me best, and with his guidance, I ordered my current Epson Stylus NX510 scanner/printer, and a round of ink cartridges  to work with it. Again, the price was right and I have been merrily printing ever since.

Ray told me that he started this company in late 1999, after the typewriter and office machine repair business he had started while in high school began petering out, as users simply began replacing their machines rather than repairing them.

Just to give you an idea of the price differential, here are the current prices for the ink cartridges for my printer (it uses TO69 cartridges): at Best Buy, color cartridges cost $14.99 ea, while black ink cartridges are $16.99. At Source4ink, color or black cartridges cost $15.99 for a twin pack ($8.00 ea), or if you buy two twin packs, they are $12.95 for the twin pack ($6.50 each cartridge). (Shipping is free for orders over $55, or $4.95 for smaller orders and are sent by First Class or Priority Mail. Toner orders are shipped by UPS ground.)

Saving consumers and businesses money on printer supplies online since 2000, Source4ink has earned an outstanding reputation for excellent customer service and the highest quality printer supplies at deep discount prices.

I highly recommend this online source for your ink and toner replacement cartridges.

1 comment: